This is my first attempt in baking cookies. I found this recipe from Happy Home Baking (in English) and ohbin (in Chinese). When i first saw the recipe, i think it looks simple and should be manageable for a first timer. It was quite time consuming to do the decoration, especially the eyes (using the tiny little chocolate chips!) Ended up some doggies look horrible, some have missing ears or noses etc. Nevertheless, the cookies taste great. My kids love them. This recipe is great for kids party too. That gonna make me a popular mom
Here is the recipe (from Happy Home Baking):
(makes about 48 cookies)
180g butter, soften at room temperature
80g Horlicks (original flavour)
200g top flour or cake flour
25g corn flour
25g milk powder
100g chocolate chips
some chocolate rice
some Koko Krunch
- Pre-heat oven to 140deg C. Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Sieve top flour, corn flour and milk powder.
- Cream butter and Horlicks for about three minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
- Put in top flour, cornflour and milk powder and beat for about one minute to form dough.
- Divide dough into 10g each. Put three chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into balls.
- Insert two pieces of Koko Krunch to form the 'ears', chocolate rice for the "eyes", and a chocolate chip in the centre for the 'nose'.
- Bake at 140 deg C for about 25 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take another 5 to 10 minutes more for the cookies to be ready.
- Leave to cool on wire rack before storing in an airtight container.