For this week baking experiment, I selected the Raisins & Chocolate Chips Muffins, recipe from Happy Home Baking.
(makes 8 muffins)
250g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
1 egg, beaten
60g unsalted butter, melted
125g caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (I followed one of tips stated in Food 4 Tots, i.e. start off the oven hot at 220°C then turn it down to the right temperature (200°C). This is to achieve the nice looking crunchy top. And it works!)
- Melt butter in a saucepan, over low heat, set aside to cool.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate chips, raisins and mix with a spatula. Make a well in the centre.
- Place egg, melted butter, milk and sugar in another bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. (To cut down on washing up, I mixed these ingredients into the saucepan which I used to melt the butter).
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour. With the spatula, gently fold all the ingredients to form a wet batter. Just mix until the flour are incorporate into the batter. DO NOT Over mix.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups. Bake for 20mins until muffins turn golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.